At The Races Live Horseracing
There is no doubt that Attheraces is found wanting when it comes to the top class races in the UK with the majority of the major tracks like Cheltenham, Aintree, Newmarket and Epsom all being found across on Racing UK. However At The Races does make up for that with all the major Festivals and meetings from Ireland including the excellent Punchestown Festival in the Spring, this action does seem to make up for the lack of top class action from the UK and it is crucial to their future success. There is no doubting that the biggest week of the year for At The Races comes in June when they have coverage of all five days of Royal Ascot, it is one of the biggest dates on the racing calendar and provides the Channel with their most important week of the year.
Melbourne Cup Odds - Click To Bet
Racing News - 11.00am
The schedule for At The Races is a rigid but successful one with the Racing News programme a fixture each morning, it gives punters all the latest updates on the upcoming big races (whatever Channel they are on) as well as reviewing any important action from the day before. Racing News is a vital part of the Attheraces schedule as it is broadcast on one of the main Sky Sports chennels at the same time making it one of the most important programmes for the channel. Regular presenters of Racing News include Derek Thompson, Luke Harvey and Gina Bryce among others and they play a crucial part in attracting punters to the channel for the live racing.
Get On - 11.30am
Racing News is always followed by the Get On show which features one the main presenters like Matt Chapman or Sean Boyce in the booth taking emails and questions from punters, this is backed up by interviews with trainers, jockeys and bookmakers ahead of the days racing with the aim of trying to find a winner for the day. These two shows offer racing fans everything they need to know about the days racing as well as the ante post news on the big races and meetings on the horizon.
International Racing On Attheraces
There is also plenty of International Racing on At The Races throughout the year with Racing from the USA given extensive coverage each evening after the domestic action over, while the racing from Australia is also a major part of the channel as At The Races continues throughout the night. The highlight of the year in terms of the International coverage is the excellent Breeders Cup from America, the increase in European interest over the past few years makes the Breeders Cup a valuable part of the At The Races portfolio. The Dubai International Carnival is another important part of the At The Races schedule at the start of each year with the every race from Meydan including the all important Dubai World Cup shown on the channel.
There is no doubt that At The Races has more live racing than any other channel in the UK, that alone makes it an excellent channel and for those horseracing fans and punters who don’t mind putting up with the odd ad break it offers an excellent service.
- Matt Chapman - Studio/Booth
- Luke Harvey - Studio/On Course
- Sean Boyce - Studio/Booth
- Tony Ennis - Studio/Booth
- Robert Cooper - Studio/Booth/On Course
- Mick Fitzgerald - Studio/On Course
- Gina Bryce - Studio
- Zoey Bird - Studio/On Course
- Mike Cattermole -Studio/On Course/Commentary
- Derek Thompson - Studio/Commentary
- Alex Hammond - On Course
- Ffos Las
- Great Yarmouth
- Newton Abbot
- Thomas Edison heads the betting for another ultra competitive renewal of the Galway Hurdle
- Talent tipped to land the Lillie Langtry Stakes on Ladies Day at Goodwood
- Goodwood Cup Betting Brown Panther can pounce again in Thursdays feature race
- Unbeaten Ivawood is odds on to win the Group Two Richmond Stakes
- Alderwood heads the betting for a strong JP McManus team in the Galway Plate
- Kingman tipped to win the Sussex Stakes from Toronado in the latest Duel on the Downs
- Ballydoyles Highland Reel installed as favourite for the Vintage Stakes
- Windshear tipped to blow his rivals away in the Gordon Stakes