Live Horse Racing on TV
There is more live Horse Racing on TV than ever before with two dedicated channels on offer for punters in the UK, in At The Races and Racing UK every course in the country is covered while the big meetings are still common place on terrestrial TV with the BBC and Channel 4 still committed to the sport. At The Races and Racing UK share the 60 tracks in the UK between them and offer two very different services to punters, Racing UK is a subscription based channel while ATR is an advertising based channel which is free to air to basic Sky subscribers.
The Terrestrial coverage is vitally important to the sport as horse racing is brought to a wider audience with Channel 4 and the BBC the two main players in the UK. Channel 4 has been a big player in Horse Racing on TV since the mid 80's and although the financial restrictions have hurt them over recent years they appear to remain committed to Horse Racing. It is a similar situation in Ireland with the public broadcaster RTE showing many of the major races throughout the season, they have around 30 days of race coverage with all the big meetings covered through both the flat and jumping season.
As well as watching horse racing on TV, punters can also access live racing on the internet with many of the major online bookmakers offering a live streaming service to their customers. Ladbrokes is one of the top onlline boookmakers at the moment and punters with an online account with them can watch any race from across the UK on the Internet once they have had a small bet on the race.
Upcoming Televised Racing
Horse Racing Channels In the UK and Ireland
- Cannock can Chase off rivals in Group 3 Huxley Stakes at Chester
- Hans Holbein to give Ballydoyle more success in Chester Vase
- Banzari tipped to hand Michael Bell Listed glory in Cheshire Oaks
- Quick Jack heads betting for cracking renewal of Chester Cup
- Fintry can make it successive wins for Andre Fabre in the Group 2 Dahlia Stakes
- Kingsgate Native tipped to roll back the years in the Palace House Stakes at Newmarket
- Sir Michael Stoute spies an eighth Jockey Club Stakes victory with Telescope
- Back Osaila To Run A Massive Race In Tight Looking 1000 Guineas Betting